Thursday, June 30, 2011

Face of Australia Molten Metallics: Amethyst and Iron Ore

Firstly, many thanks to Vita for pointing out this limited edition collection from Face of Australia. I bought three polishes from the Molten Metallics collection as they were so cheap! These are available from Priceline and K-Mart for only $4.75. That is insanely cheap for nail polish that is Toluene, formaldehyde and Dibutyl Phthalate free. I always try to avoid cheap polish that is filled with the nasties. So while I originally bought Flaming Lava as shown on Vita's blog, I couldn't help but pick up Iron Ore and Amethyst. Then I started to play.


I know what you're thinking. Finished painting your nails? Have a Pascall Swirl. Yes I sourced my inspiration from a marshmallow. Go on, have a Pascall Swirl:


Berry Delights are delicious. Not fussed on the passion berry, although I did force myself to eat them :-) I did look for the TV ad for the swirls on YouTube but sadly couldn't find anything. I would have loved to share the silly ad that convinced me to buy these things! Anyway, back to the nail polish.


For my 'swirl' design I used Iron Ore as the base which looks lovely and black with a touch of glitter on its own:


In some lights you can even see a slight reflects of green. But it might just be my lighting.


Amethyst is this gorgeous magenta purple which turned out quite frosty and dark against the iron ore. Originally I started with just the two colours without outlines but it needed contrast, so I added white:


And I was happy with that. I used my trusty China Glaze snow and a small nail art brush, in case you are wondering. Anyway, that is all I have for now! I hope you enjoyed this simple design and are having a lovely week. Until next post...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, you're such a sweetie. I recognised the candies straight away because I'm a hopeless sweet tooth. BTW I grabbed iron ore too - cool shade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vita Would you believe my priceline *just* put out their molten metallics display? I finally got to see all the colours in person. The gold is pretty but I don't think it would suit my skintone.

    @Vintage It is, but I am biased in the purple department :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Leanne - Doesn't surprise me at all. I had to wait over a month after the release date!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...