Sunday, July 3, 2011

Badtz Maru Nail Art!

After doing last week's mani of pascall swirls, I decided to draw some Badtz Marus over the design. After Keroppi, Badtz Maru is my second favourite Sanrio character. LOVE him. Apparently he is a penguin. Hmm, I never really noticed :-P Anyway, I decided to draw some badtz maru heads:


Sadly this pretty much takes away from the swirls but you can kinda still see them on the thumb!


As usual I start with the thumb, and depending on whether or not I stuff it up I proceed with the other nails ;-)


So firstly I drew a white outline of badtz maru's head, which has four longish pointy spikes for hair and a rounded head. I used a small nail art brush with China Glaze Snow.


Then using the same nail art brush I filled the white with Illamasqua Boosh, a very opaque black and then tidied up the outlines. I basically kept alternating between the white and the black until I was happy with the heads.


I continued with messy outlines by creating the eyes and mouth. I painted the mouth white so my sheer pastel yellow would show over the black.


At this point I think I was cranky and didn't take any more progress shots :-P I simply filled the eyes with white, tidied them up and dotted the eyes and coloured the break/mouth with Sally Hansen Yellow Kitty.


Thumb swatch! If you look at the bigger image you can see the greenish reflects in the FOA Iron Ore which was used as the swirl based. So pretty.


Haha and I thought I'd include my first fail attempt from earlier in the week. Yeah, I chopped his poor head. If at first you don't succeed, try and try again! Hmm, definitely looks nicer with the swirl background.

Well that is all I have for now, I hope everyone is having a nice relaxing weekend. I'm certainly hiding indoors from the cold winter, drinking a nice hot coffee and having apple and sultana porridge. A good Sunday morning :-) Until next time my lovelies...

2 comments:

  1. Awww, he is so cute. You did a fantastic job! The swirl background definitely makes it more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tera! Yeah the swirls really help!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...